In the book, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart the kids get a mysterious note from L. Curtain (the bad guy), saying that he kidnapped their leader and helper, (N. Benedict and Number 2). N. Benedict set-up a journey for them before he disappeared. But now, the grown-ups won’t let them go anymore since he is gone. Their curiosity leads them to escaping and going on the journey even though the grown-ups told them not to. Life is not safe for them on sea but knowing them I know they will survive.
Kate starts getting sick on board and they still have no other clues to where N. Benedict and Number 2 went to. They must be getting scared. But I know Kate won’t give up no matter what happens because she is full of strength, courage and she will not let them down. Even though Constance, a 2 year old that has major brains, is being whinny and uncooperative maybe she can help by using her special skills. I think what happened to bring these strong emotions from the characters is that they were being brave to try to help N. Benedict and Number 2 but now they just got themselves in a tangled mess. They don’t know whether they are going to trust the captain of the boat who claims to be his best friend or not. He could be a ten men, a person that is on L. Curtain’s side and has ten ways of hurting you. I think that they are going to get out of their mess but will have to decide who to trust and who not to.
I think Sticky will help them a lot in this book using his intelligence. Already, he has asked many smart questions and given very smart answers to everyone. “Hey, this is easy! That castle’s in Lisbon!” (pg. 137). I think he is feeling brave and more secure about himself than in the last book. I think it’s because he is getting more used to the fact that he is loved and that people want his ideas. Every person in this book has a special talent and it will take all of them to find N. Benedict.
Things are not looking good for any of the kids. But I think as the book goes on they will make progress, as they always do. It will take all of them and their strengths to find him. They will have to think, cooperate, work hard, put in lots of effort and bravery, listen to each other and someone will have to take the lead to find N. Benedict and Number 2.
I like how you wrote in detail about the characters and summarized what was happening in the book very well! I like how you empathized to the characters (like Kate) and how you put many different qualities of the different characters in your blog post! Good job! :)
ReplyDeleteGood post! I read this book a while ago, and I agree with what you say about the characters. I like how instead of just saying what you think they feel, you include your explanations for why they have those feelings, and why certain changes occur inside of them.
ReplyDelete